Friday, February 10, 2012

Reader Request: House Numbers

Thanks, Reader, for your request for house numbers. I really didn't think that there were that many unusual house numbers in my neighborhood until I went out this morning with my camera. I was amazed by the variety. And now, of course, I am completely unsatisfied with my boring house numbers. Dear Reader, you may have just created more work for yourself.

Most houses seem to feature this look. This company must have had a monopoly on house numbers for about three decades:


A few featured this clean look:



Definitely unique. (Dear Reader, this one also meets your request for mailboxes.)


When in doubt, cut it out:



Love the painted numbers on the transom!


A little tile magic:


They really don't want visitors to miss their address. 


Recycling .... and a whimsical screen in the background.


Made to match.



1 comment: