Sunday, November 6, 2011

redneck town or hippie town?

Redneck town evidence #1: All the trucks in town

Hippie town evidence #1: VW busses





Redneck town evidence #2: This house sign [TRESPASSERS: WE CALL .223 INSTEAD 911 RESPONSE IS A LOT FASTER] Needless to say, this sign isn't very clear because I was hesitant to trespass in order to take a picture.


Hippie town evidence #2: Another Neighbor for PEACE.


And all of the Buddhist prayer flags:



Redneck town evidence #3: McDonalds (with the prettiest flowers in the area -- is that french fry grease a natural fertilizer?) surrounded by Burger King, Taco John's, Dunkin' Donuts (opening in one week!!!!!!) and Taco Bell.


Hippie town evidence #3: Local Burger

Redneck town evidence #4 Dollar General (when I enter here, it takes days for the taint of quiet desperation to wash off).

Hippie town evidence #4: Love Garden used records store (when I enter here, I fail to acquire any hipness). It's located next to the Global Cafe.


Organic pet foods.


Redneck town evidence #5: Cigarettes


Hippie town evidence #5: Head shop (Sorry, I mean purveyor of natural herbs.)


What does the jury say?

2 comments:

  1. "Hippie" seems like an old phrase to me. What's the new terminology for the "flower children" of yesteryear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post... you can put me far into the hippie category (Tibetan prayer flags)

    ReplyDelete