Wednesday, November 2, 2011

corner view: dream

My mom's bedroom was a tower room when she was a little girl, and I always dreamed of having one of my own. At first, I probably had visions of living in one like a princess who needed to be rescued.


Then, I had visions of living the life of an artist in a French garret (until I realized that I'm not artistic and je ne speak pas francais).


(I wish that I had (a) an i-phone and (b) the hipstamatic app to take these pictures with a long-ago, dreamy look.)


Now, I walk around town and see these great tower rooms and hope that the women of the house use them in a Virgina Woolf Room-of-Her-Own sort of way: as a place to breathe, create, and, yes, to dream.


Sweet dreams, everyone! For more dreams around the world, visit Francesca's site and follow the links in the comments section.

11 comments:

  1. Waouh, I like these houses! These house towers make me dream. I would like to visit them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have a tower room too, one with four windows on the four walls - and have a view of the world all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a child I also dreamt of a tower room! These houses are amazing, magical in a way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of dreams may be dreamt in all those towers? greetings from Paris (where tower-houses a rather rare…)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dreamy" photos - and I laughed at your comment about living in France until you realized you aren't artistic and don't speak French. Minor issues :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no worries, the instamatic look has landed here! and swoon, swoon with ya. the sights of these tower rooms!
    and you walk amongst them.
    now, that's what i call lucky!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. great collection of houses ... and thanks for the inspiring link you gave me, I saved it in my favorites !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous houses. Magical towers. You say you are not artistic . . . but there are more ways of being artistic than just being able to wield a paintbrush. You are artistic all right. No denying it. Keep dreaming . . . and that tower room (that room of your own) may one day be yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also dreamt of living in a house/apartment with a tower room :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your neck of the woods sure has a lot of towers! Love them all, probably because towers is the one thing you'll almost never find in Dutch houses.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete