Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear blah new housing,

For those of you who live in new housing developments whose exterior paint choices are limited to only three colors--cream, tan and taupe--I offer you Lawrence's rainbow:

RED:


ORANGE: You might think that it is difficult to find an orange house, but there are two orange houses on the same block, almost facing each other. How odd that when giving directions you can't simply say, "It's the orange house." 





YELLOW: Here's a mustard yellow, but I could offer you a butter yellow if you prefer.


GREEN:  Lots of greens to choose from, but I went with this one:


BLUE:


INDIGO?


VIOLET: We should, intrinsically, be an anti-purple town, so I was afraid that I would have to venture a long way to find some violet examples. However, while the other houses in this post are all on my walking route to work, these two homes were just three blocks off my regular course. UPDATE: Just saw another purple house in the neighborhood yesterday! UPDATE (2): And another one!



So, after a few days of walking around, taking pictures of rainbow houses (and HOURS uploading the pictures here), I discover that I could have taken a much easier route.

No comments:

Post a Comment