Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Corner view: October

When I was a kid -- 30 (or so) years ago -- decorating for Halloween meant carving a pumpkin a few days before the 31st and putting a candle in it. Now, it's a whole other world. A few samples from my corner of the world:


I saw the dad setting these up. I have to say, he seemed a lot more interested in it than his son did.



These decorations look more friendly than scary.


I hope these are Halloween decorations and not unwanted guests!


For a little less scary look at October throughout the world, visit Francesca's website for more corner views.

10 comments:

  1. Haha, what a funny decoration!Great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how times have changed!
    very interesting decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your neighbours work on the ghost train? Ha! I'm waiting for people over here starting to decorate their houses on Halloween in a similar way. Halloween becomes more and more popular in Germany...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow . . . America has really embraced Halloween in a big way hasn't it!! We are starting to get into it a bit more here in New Zealand - but we're still not into decorating the outside of our houses yet :-) My wee girl keeps asking me if she can go trick-or-treating. I might let her go to the neighbour's place this year. Perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would avoid trick-or-treating at 333!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait till you show us what they do for Christmas...

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. if i were to walk those streets... i would be so amazed... would probably have nightmares later... but shhhhhhhhhhh! artists at work...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete