Friday, October 14, 2011

Centennial Park

A few weeks ago another town asked that we donate our submarine-launched Polaris missle to a park and museum that they are building. People were outraged, OUTRAGED, I say, by such an outrageous request. Anyway, I felt it was time to check out the missle in person. It's definitely an odd centerpiece for a park (although, I guess cannons are equally odd, now that I think about it). I wouldn't mind donating it to the other town, except for the fact that it would leave us defenseless against the Commie submarines lurking in the Kaw River.

Here it is, in all its phallic glory. Now I understand why all the men in town were so upset about the possibility of having this taken away.


I was pleased to see this skate park, because I had always wondered if Lawrence had one.


This park also hosts a disc (frisbee) golf course. I thought it was a joke and was surprised to see three different people (on a Thursday morning) out practicing. I even saw one guy stretching before he got to the first tee. I wonder if they have caddies? It probably wasn't cool to take my dog out in the middle of their frisbee course, but someone had to rid the park of squirrels, right?  Certified squirrel-free:

No comments:

Post a Comment